Semi-Permanent Make-up FAQ’s


Is it painful?

Topical anaesthetics are used to minimise any discomfort during the procedures. There is usually some minor discomfort, although tolerance levels vary between people, but most find the procedures only mildly uncomfortable.

Is it safe?

All necessary precautions are taken to ensure a sterile and hygienic environment. All equipment is maintained for good operation and disposable, use-once, implements are used in key areas of the treatment to prevent any infection.

Do I have a choice of colours?

Yes. Your input is essential to achieving your desired results. Your preferred colours are taken into consideration as well as your skin and hair colours.

How long does it last?

Your semi-permanent make-up will soften and fade slightly over time due to skin exfoliation, both natural and induced by some beauty products, and exposure to UV rays from the Sun or from tanning beds. Sun exposure is the major cause of pigmentation fading. Certain medications may also cause fading. For these reasons, your semi-permanent make-up may need a “refresh” within 18 months.

How likely is it for me to have an allergic reaction?

The pigments used in semi-permanent make-up are much more inert than many used in traditional cosmetics, resulting in a very low rate of allergic reaction among clients, even when he or she might otherwise have allergic reactions to normal make-up. As an additional precaution, allergic reaction tests are always performed before any procedures are carried out.